Monday, July 25, 2011

Summer Crafts

Hi stampers!
I have had a fantastic day crafting with my almost 6 year old! We are in the midst of planning her 6th bday party and I am so excited!!! (those of you who know me well, know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE to plan a party!!) She has wanted a "fairy garden party" for almost a year now, ever since she went to a FABULOUS Fairy Garden Party at her friends house. (Hi Jennifer & Noelle!) And while I thought it was a great idea, I was nervous because A)I couldn't come close to throwing a great party like Noelle's and B) I didn't know how to incorporate boys into a fairy party, and we want to invite a few friends that have sons!!! So...I have been throwing other ideas at her for a few months, and to my (pleasant) surprise...she FINALLY loved one of my ideas...An Art Party!!! YIPPIE!!! Elle LOVES arts & crafts so I thought it would be a great idea and then we can incorporate EVERYONE!! ;o) Although, she did make me promise her that one of the crafts would be "fairy wings or something fairyish!" She is now calling it her "Fairy Garden Art Party!" haha!! I guess you can say we are learning to compromise! ;o)

So...Elle wanted to help me make her invitations!! MY DREAM COME TRUE...card making with my daughter!!!! It was another ridiculously hot day, and then we had a huge storm (thank goodness!!) so today was the day to stay in and make some invitations! We are not finished, but I wanted to share the "Sneak Peak" Elle had SO much fun splatter painting and she did it ALL by herself! 100%! She is so proud of herself. They turned out great. Now...I am turning these beautiful paintings into her invitations...not sure how or what...but I will be sure to post it when I do!


I love the look of concentration she has! She really enjoyed splattering the paint!

Tada! She made 20 of these! She was very busy today!


Hope you are enjoying your Summer Days! Thanks for looking!
Jaimie

No comments:

Post a Comment