Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Hello stampers and Happy (early) Mother's Day to all the mommies! I hope you are spoiled rotten tomorrow and have a wonderful day with your families! This is the Mother's Day card I made for my mom and Mother in law. I used the water coloring technique that Patty Bennett showed on her blog The difference is that I (unfortunately) didn't have the shimmery white c/s nor any watercolor paper (looks like I need to place an order ASAP!!!) so I used whisper white c/s, heat embossed using the white craft ink and clear EP, then used Pacific Point and BajaBreeze ink and the Aqua Painters. I brushed the whole rose with Baja Breeze and then went back and highlighted with the pacific Point. I think the difference is that you need to work MUCH faster when you are using whisper white cs because it doesn't blend as well. But, I'm happy with how it turned out and I really enjoyed waterpainting the flowers. I am going to keep practicing to get much better! What do you think about water painting technique??
I also wanted to share with you my first Mother's Day Tea with Elle at her preschool.


Elle wanted to take a picture WITH our Tea Cups! ;o)


This is Elle's portrait of ME! ;0) Too sweet!
I especially love my feet! (I thought they were bugs!) It was SOOOOO adorable and Elle was soooooooo excited!!!! She had been making "surprises" at preschool each day and would come home and say "I can't tell you what we did at school!" ;o) She picked out her "Tea Party Dress" a week early and it was ALL she talked about! We had a FABULOUS time! They made us flowers, frosted and decorated cookies, sang us a We Love Mommy song, drew a picture of mommy on a place mat, and then we had tea, lemonade and yummy food! It was such a special day!!!! I love being a Mommy every day....but this made the Thursday even more special!!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will be back on Monday to share another project I've been working on!!! Don't forget to sign up for my Scrapbooking Event. See the previous post for details!!!!

Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Love the Mother's Day card Jaimie...and I love mother's day teas! What a special memory with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete