Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Happy Fall??

Hi stampers! I hope you are having a great day! We are a little under the weather at our household....like everyone else in our area (or so it seems!!!) my daughter has the Swine Flu and I haven't been able to get rid of this horrible cough for 3 weeks!!! So we have been hanging out in the house for the past few days, trying to get healthy!!! I think we are on our way to being on the mend....but it has been a LONG week!!!! So, I have been planning my upcoming Stampin' Up! party at Laura's house (hi Laura!) She wanted to do some Fall/Thanksgiving cards, so I got out my Fall colors and went to work! I have been in "Halloween mode" lately so it was nice to work with these pretty colors! I just LOVE the gorgeous Fall colors while driving around Northern VA this time of year....I wait all year for it! So...that was my goal, since I am stuck inside, I wanted to bring those colors to the card! I used Old Olive, Chocolate Chip and Pumpkin Pie in this card. I started out with the Old Olive in the center of the medallion, but then (accidentally) I Made another one and forgot to add the center!!!! BUT, I kind of liked that card too...so...now I cannot decide which one I like best; with the green center or without?!?!?! PLEASE, LET ME KNOW WHICH ONE YOU LIKE THE BEST!!!! JUST LEAVE A COMMENT ON THIS POST WITH YOUR VOTE! I love the Medallion stamp, I think it is SO versatile! I used a retired stamp set "Tiny Talk" for the "give thanks" verse...I cannot believe this is the ONLY stamp I have for thanksgiving!!! Time to go shopping!!! ;o) I also used the Color Spritzer Tool with the Chocolate Chip Marker...I love how easy this tool is and how it adds just enough to give it the finishing touch to the card!

I also wanted to just share this sweet moment....it just amazes me how dogs seem to know when you aren't feeling good....our dog Marley hasn't left my daughter's side since she has gotten sick...I thought this was so sweet with her arm around him!! This is them snuggling on the couch! Too cute!


I hope you have a HEALTHY and fabulous day! Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. I love them both but my vote is for the card with the green center. I hope you and your family feel better very soon!

    *Marcia H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh, I love how simple these cards are yet they are so pretty at the same time! I also love the colors you chose. I like the card with the Old Olive circle the best. Have a healthy day!

    Jennifer S.W

    ReplyDelete