Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Baby shower favors!

I have been stamping up a storm lately!!! I was asked to make 40 baby shower invitations and favor boxes for a customer of mine who is having her first grand baby. I had so much fun using my new Big Shot and the Scallop Envelope Die Cut to make these cute little chocolate boxes! Since I had to make 40 of them, I went very simple and didn't do much stamping on them, but I still think they are really cute. I hope she likes them! I made the invitations before I had this blog and I didn't take a picture of them....but maybe one day I will have time to recreate them and show ya'! I found the instructions on how to make these boxes a long time ago and have no idea where I found them....so I will give the measurements as well as pictures. Sorry about the picture quality...the Pink Pirouette and my flash were acting funny! I'll work on figuring it out! ;op


Start out with 2 Scallop Envelopes and adhere them together at the ends with sticky strip.




Cut a strip of matching cardstock to 1 1/2 X 7 3/4 and then score at 2 1/4 on each end. Adhere the strip to the bottom and sides using sticky strip and then decorate!












They are very easy and don't require as much cardstock (or goodies to fill them!) as the cute boxes that are made using 4 scallop envelopes! I put 3 Ghirardelli squares in them. (could fit more!) Yummo!


Anybody who knows me knows that I LOVE PINK!!! But with baby showers, valentines day and cupcakes.....I think I am going to branch out this week and work on some projects that do NOT involve Pink!! (I know....*GASP!*) Don't worry....I'm sure I won't last long!



Hope you're having a great week! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. This accessory things sounds very tempting. I too love all the accessory's and generally want them ALL too. So please feel free to fill me in on more details about what all I need to do to join this snazzy lil club you have put together. Anything to get me back on the SU making.

    ReplyDelete