Monday, March 30, 2009

Swaps and Kites...I love Spring!!!

Hi Stampers!! I hope you had a wonderful weekend! I had a family fun filled weekend. I didn't have to work at all this weekend (YIPPIE!!!) so I was able to spend some quality time with my hubby and daughter! LOVED IT! It was the annual Kite Festival in D.C on Saturday and my daughter's newest favorite past time is flying her barbie kite!!! So, we were all so excited....until we woke up to clouds and drizzle on Saturday morning! We decided to stick it out and head to the METRO all bundled up in rain coats and wellie boots!! And I am so happy that we did! The down pours held off and we had a wonderful time! Elle got to make her own kite, pin wheel and wind sock, watch the pro's do their tricks(did you know there where Kite Flying Pro's?? We didn't and they were so cool!!) and ...of course, fly her hand made kite! We had such a great afternoon! (click on the picture to see it closer)




Then, we woke up Sunday to a gorgeous, WINDY day...so we went out to the Bull Run battle field (right by our house) and had another fun filled afternoon of kite flying! This time she was able to fly her Barbie kite and was so happy! She was actually able to fly her kite ALL by herself and got it so high in the air she ran out of string! What a GREAT weekend!!



In stamping news...I have just mailed out my swap for the Spring Mini Occasions Catalog and cannot wait to check my mail each day to get the beautiful swaps from my swap buddies! While I am sad to see Sale-A-Bration end tomorrow, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new Occasions Mini that will be available on April 1st!!!!

Here is my swap card. It is a gift card holder that I got the dimensions from Dawn's Blog. I love how the Tangerine Tango and Pacific Point cardstock really pop together and I LOVE the new cupcake stamp from the new Wagon Full of Fun stamp set!!!!! HOW CUTE ARE THOSE STAMPS!?!?!?!?!?!


Hope you have a wonderful day! Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Oooo...can't wait to get this in the mail! Mine are out...mailed them on the 2nd...nothing like the last minute!

    ReplyDelete