Saturday, March 7, 2009

Tons to talk about!

Hello stampers! Sorry I have been MIA....I guess "life" has been keeping me pretty busy this past week! I have a lot to catch up with! I wanted to let you know that Stampin' Up! is allowing YOU to purchase a few Easter and Spring sets EARLY. These great sets will be in the FABULOUS upcoming Occasions Mini Catalog (out April 1st!) Click here to see the stamps and then contact me to place your order so that you can get started on your Easter projects soon! I have already ordered my Wagon Full of Fun...who can pass up that cupcake?????









As many of you know, I will be attending a Breast Cancer Fundraiser Stamp Camp that my upline is holding in honor of one of our fellow demonstrators and friend Allison Kelly! Allison, on top of being a wonderful, fun lady, is a Breast Cancer Survivor and advocate! In addition to donating money to help her walk in the Avon Breast Cancer Walk in D.C and N.Y, we are helping raise money to help her pay for some of the medical expenses she has acquired! Her insurance has not covered all of her treatments! If you are unable to make it to the Stamp Camp tomorrow, please check out her websites below and learn more about how you can help this WONDERFUL lady and many like her in the Avon walk! Or, you can contact me directly if you would like to donate money to go directly to Allison. Thank you!!

Allison's Avon Walk: DC Page


Allison's Avon Walk: NY Page

I have also been busy busy busy with a swap to pass out during the Fundraiser. (the beginning portion is a Demonstrator meeting) Those of you that attended my February stamp class made this card....This is one of my favorite cards that I have made in the past few months. It is simple, and the colors really pop! HOWEVER, no matter how simple it is....making 50 if them was extremely time intensive! There is A LOT of cutting to this SIMPLE card! The cherry is stamped and then cut of of Real Red, the icing part is stamped and then cut out of Whisper White and then the wrapper part is stamped and then cut out of Pacific Point! X 50!!!!!!!!!! I have seen this color combo of Kiwi Kiss and Pacific Point a lot lately in the retro style cards and I love it! And I am always searching for a masculine bday card...and I think this could be for either male or female, kids or adult! I also LOVE the chunky sprinkles!! Although... I have heard that many of you are having a difficult time with them because you can't find an adhesive that they stick to.....I have found the Tombo works the best (in my humble opinion!) I apply the Tombo glue, sprinkle on A LOT of chunky glitter and then push the sprinkles into the glue THEN shake (gently) off all the access! Pushing the sprinkles into the glue really seems to help! Hope this help you fall in love with your chunky glitter! ;op Leave me a comment and let me know what your "secrets" are for using glitter (chunky OR fine!)



Well, the weather is gorgeous here in VA...to beautiful to be inside on the computer....so I'm off! So hard to believe it was 12 degrees and snowing just a week ago!!! ;op Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!!! Stay tuned...I will be announcing my April Stamp Camp and another group SOON!!!!!

Thanks for looking!
~Hugs~Jaimie

3 comments:

  1. Love your swap! I wish I could have joined you guys today but we had other plans! How was it?
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I am the proud owner of one of these great cards! Had fun today...great to see you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love those cards! hope to get one in the mail soon. :)

    ReplyDelete