Tuesday, September 15, 2009

A serious case of "CASEing"

Hello Stampers!!
Many times at my Stampin' Up! Workshops and Stamp Camps, I, like most demonstrators, get asked "how do you come up with these ideas for cards and projects?" and I can honestly say, that most of the time.....I DON'T!!!!!! Not completely at least! That is what is so great about being a stamper.... you don't have to be some creative genius (although many of you are!) you just have to be able to CASE (Copy And Share Everything!) I am a "pro" at CASEing! I am always checking out blogs, participating in swaps, and drooling over other stampers creations! Most of the time, I take those ideas and use them to spark something creative within my own mind and make the creation my own...however, sometimes I see something that I fall in love with and copy it exactly! (giving them ALL the credit of course!!!!) This week, as I am continuing to plan for my Christmas Card Extravaganza Class, I have found SEVERAL cards that I have fallen in love with and haven't wanted to change a thing!!!! You all out there in blog land are so creative!!! Below are some of the cards that I have either completely CASEd, or have tweaked just a little bit to make it my own. We will (probably) be making these at the class. Just when I think that I have come up with all the projects , I find another card that I love and just HAVE to make! ;o) I think I need to stop the madness and stop browsing the web!!! (NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!) So, THANK YOU FELLOW STAMPERS, for all of your creativity!!! Hopefully, one day, I will make something that will inspire you! ;o)

This is a FABULOUS card from Renae Wilson. I don't know her, but I LOVE her work and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card!!! This card reminded me of this birdie card I made, I think it's the same type of fold. So anyways, I CASEd it exactly, and then I made some changes so that it would be more cost effective for my class! Here is the EXACT thing,


and here it is the very minor change that I made. I just used Old Olive Cardstock in the background so that I could make the beautiful Merry Moments designer paper last further.
My customers that attend the class can choose whether they would like to make "regular" cards or picture front cards. I decided to make a couple of changes to this card so that it could be used as a picture card as well! I think this style of card looks GREAT with a wallet size photo!!!

Then I cam across this card and FELL IN LOVE!!! I had already ordered the Christmas Cocoa Specialty designer paper from the Mini Catty but couldn't bring myself to actually USE the gorgeous red and white flocked paper!!! It's too pretty to use I thought! Then I saw this card from Linda Walsh and had to make it!!! I basically copied it exactly except for I didn't use the ticket punch corner, used a different greeting, off-centered it and I added a bow to the red ribbon!

I hope you are having a great day and I hope to hear from you soon!!! I have THREE spaces left for the Christmas Card Extravaganza....so contact me SOON to save your spot!!!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment